Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Woodworking Cake

So, August 4th is my husband's birthday and he is a fantastic woodworker. He makes everything from hand-turned pens, cutting boards, birdhouses, children's toys, and more. This cake is to celebrate his birthday as well as his great talent. In celebrating his talents, I short-cut mine! Normally I would have made the tools out of fondant and gum paste, but time did not allow this and the fantastic "Dollar Tree" was too hard to pass up! So I airbrushed the cake to look a little like wood and placed the tools on top. There is a planer, a saw, and a screw driver. Phillips head, not flat head, because flat head screws bring out the worst language in my husband! Happy Birthday Josh, I love you!

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! Way to be a considerate wife and go with the phillips head : )

    Ash

    ReplyDelete